BOOKS: The author’s 12 books include educational and business books for Barron’s Educational Series and McGraw-Hill, a self-help guide to listening, and two poetry collections.
POETRY & FLASH FICTION: Linda’s poetry has earned a several awards (listed below). Her two poetry collections are The Beauty of Listening and The Human Experience and her poetry-themed blog is The Pig’s Wings. Linda’s poetry and flash fiction have been published by several literary journals and Websites, including: Your Daily Poem, Grey Sparrow Journal, Snow Jewel, The Write Place at the Write Time, The Vocabula Review, Quantum Tao, Thema, Peralta Press, Swans Commentary, GoRiverwalk Magazine, Morgen Bailey's Post-Weekend Poetry Page, Florida State Poet’s Association Anthologies 33 & 34, Sleet Magazine, and Spank the Carp.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Linda’s photographs have been published in local newspapers and literary journals. Journal Publications include: Florida State Poet’s Association Anthology 33 & 34, Spank the Carp, Gravel Magazine and Grey Sparrow Journal. She also shares photos at her Your Shot Page. Visit the Photos Page on this Website for more information and links.
WEBSITES: With an interest in celebrating the art and skill of listening as well as story times and picture books, Linda created the Websites Listeners Unite (est. 2006) and The Beauty of Picture Books (est. 2010). While both blogs closed to new submissions in January 2016, the Website and blog archives, which include a wide variety of guest contributors, remain. Linda is currently the Webmaster and Social Media Coordinator for Florida State Poets Association.
ADDITIONAL PUBLICATIONS: Linda’s essays and articles have been published in the anthologies Sixty Candles: Reflections on Writing Life (ASJA Press, 2008) and Happy Birthday, Mr. Lincoln: A Commemorative Collage (Pen Women Press, 2009). Her articles have also been published in The Vocabula Review, Enterprising Women and The Hollywood Gazette.
ADDITIONAL WRITING, EDITORIAL & TEACHING BACKGROUND: Linda’s business and educational backgrounds come from over fifteen years in the corporate training industry. In addition to conducting sessions and writing training materials, she wrote technical manuals and materials for English as a Second Language and Basic Skills courses and taught writing and reading as an adjunct professor at Middlesex County College in New Jersey. She has edited and reviewed several books for Barron's Educational Series and served as editor for both non-profit and company newsletters.
Listening and Education
- National Federation of Poetry Societies, Citation (2016)
- Spank the Carp Poetry Contest, 2nd Place (2016)
- Flagler County Art League’s People’s Choice Poetry Award (2016)
- Gargiulo Art Foundation’s “Art in Public Places” Poetry Award (2016)
- Grand View "Merit" Award, League of Minnesota Poets (2016)
- Forbes Library Book Spine Poetry Contest (2013)
- Coffee House Press Poetry Award (2002)
- Flagler County Art League’s Award of Distinction at the “Color Splash” Art Show (2016)
Listening and Education
- International Listening Association’s President’s Award (2008)
- International Listening Association’s Listening in the Business Sector Award (2008)
- New Jersey Association for Lifelong Learning Award (2001)
MEMBERSHIPS & LISTINGS: